Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Why?

Greetings Movement Church! It was AMAZING celebrating our 4th Birthday as a church this past Sunday!  God really has been faithful to us from the very beginning!  When the Watsons, and Fran and I began Movement Church, we had no money, no people and no idea what we were doing!  So, when I say, God has been faithful, I sincerely mean it!

In light of the message from last week, and our recent birthday, I think it's important to remember why I felt an overwhelming call/passion to start this church in the first place, despite our blatant ignorance early on.  Here it goes:
  1.  Vision.  When I was 15 years old, God put a grandiose vision in my heart to reach 1000's for Christ.  As I've aged, that vision has become clearer, stronger, and more realistic (now 31 years old).  I believe with every fiber of my being that there's NOTHING greater I could give my life to than the local church!  Jesus bled and died to start it.  It was His idea, not mine.  Movement Church was started with a vision that Jesus would change 1,000's of lives.Well, that vision is coming to life and I believe our best days are still to come!
  2. My conversion.  Nobody on this planet can argue with my conversion experience  Why? Because it's mine.  I know what it's like to live my life apart from God.  I remember how lonely and hopeless my past, present and future seemed until I put my hope in Christ.  And I remember experiencing real PEACE the moment Jesus came into my life.  I knew that NO MATTER WHAT Jesus had my back, and still does!  I started Movement Church, because I wanted (and still want) as many people as possible to experience real life-change for themselves, just like I did!
  3. Transparency.  Before planting Movement Church, I'd been involved in a denomination where people were extremely fake.  At first, I thought I was the only one who had real struggles, but I soon realized that we "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23). I had a vision to build, not the perfect church, but a church that was honest about its imperfections.  If everyone is walking around pretending to be perfect, but secretly living under the plague of hidden sin, we will stay sick.  Well, I didn't want sick, I wanted health. I started Movement Church so that people broken like me could become brand new in Christ!
I'm sincerely asking you to join me in this movement!  How?
  1. Grow.  Growing people change.
  2. Serve.  Saved people serve people.
  3. Bring.  Found people find people.
  4. Pray.  Prayer works, so pray for your church.
If you do those 4 things, I can promise you that you will experience great meaning in your life!

Lastly, I cannot wait for this Sunday! Remember the rock illustration from two weeks ago?  Well, this Sunday I'll tackle the topic, Choosing to Cheat My Family, AND I'll explain the rock illustration!  POWERFUL!

Praying for you!

PJ

P.S:  If we really believe Hell is real, why do some many churches do so little to stop people from going there? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm with this Vision 100%! I'm addicted to watching peoples REAL life transformations happening and love watching our family grow.

    Great post!

    - Bob Beckett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob! Love having you on the team and as a friend!

    ReplyDelete