For most of us, the concept of getting out of debt is like capturing Bigfoot and keeping him as a pet in the backyard. However, according to the Bible, it's not good to be indebted to anyone financially.
Romans 13:8 (NIV1984)"Let no debt remain outstanding..."
Truthfully, it's easier said than done. But, if you want something different, you have to be willing to do something differently. Here's your chance to do an Extreme Makeover on your money. I admit, for most of us, this is completely foreign, but then again, so is being debt free!
3 Steps To Becoming Debt Free:1. Give - Mal. 3:8-10
- Don't rob God of His 10% (tithe).
- There's no financial blessing without financial giving (Gal. 6:7).
- You can do more with 90% that's blessed by God than 100% cursed by God.
- Test Him.
- Consumerism is fueled by the lie that says, if you had X, then you'd be happy.
- Saving is future focused. Debt is past focused.
- Saving involves putting away something for tomorrow. Debt involves paying for yesterday.
- Saving 10% on each paycheck is not a good idea, it's a necessity.
- Spend money based on your needs first (food, clothing, shelter).
- Roughly 41,096 children die everyday from hunger related causes. Don't tell me you aren't blessed!
- If you don't put your needs before your wants, you'll likely end up losing your needs at the expense of your wants.