Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Promises to Stand On

Hey Movement Church!  As promised, I wanted to share with you  6 promises from God's Word that you CAN and SHOULD apply to your life, beginning today!  I'll conclude with an important reminder for us all to consider.

Before I share with you these principles, you need to know what to do with them.  I implore you to PREACH them to yourself and your family REGULARLY!  

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. - Romans 10:17

Faith is built through the relationship between speaking and hearing God's Word!  There will be times when nobody else is around to encourage you but YOU!  In those moments, recalculate your resources according to what God's Word says instead of what your mind thinks or emotions feel - and PREACH to YOURSELF!

Okay, here are 6 of the 12 promises!  I'll give you the rest of them next week!

 

1. I'm completely forgiven and free from all guilt and shame over my past: 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 John 1:9; Ephesians 1:7-8; Romans 8:1-2.

2. I have big faith in a BIGGER God who didn't conquer death so that I could play it safe, but so that I could win my generation to Christ: John 14:12-14; 2 Corinthians 5:19-20; Hebrews 11:6.

3. I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all my heart: Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:7.

4.  I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life: Exodus 3:9-12; Psalm 57:2; Colossians 1:24-29.

5. I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do: Deuteronomy 8:18; 2 Corinthians 9:8; Philippians 4:13.

6.  I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me: Genesis 1:26-27; Psalm 139:13-16; Ephesians 5:25-27.

 

These principles won't do you any good if you don't read them and preach them to yourself.  So GET BUSY!

 

Switching gears, I want to remind you that at Movement Church we take life-change very seriously.  That means, it's vital that YOU commit to do your part in this relationship by  INVITING people you know to church who are not Christians - but need Jesus to change their lives!  Found People Find People!  

 

If you believe the Bible, then your behavior should match your belief system.  Simply, if you say you believe God's Word is true, then you will do whatever is necessary to bring someone who needs Jesus to church with you, so they don't end up in hell, right?

 

Again, we promise to do our part in providing an EXCELLENT atmosphere for the presence of God to begin to move in the hearts and minds of your guests, but you've got to meet us halfway!

 

Remember the TOWELS!  Each one of those white towels represents a person that needs life-change.  Every person has a name and a story that matters to God, and therefore matters to us!

 

Let's get busy getting rid of those white towels on stage.  Now's the time!  This is the week!  We have BAPTISMS scheduled IN 2 WEEKS, so let's GO!

 

Finally, this Sunday we will discover pt. 3 of our SOUL | DETOX Series titled, Tortured Soul.  YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!  BRING SOMEBODY AND EXPECT GOD TO SHOW UP AND SHOW OFF!

 

Until Sunday,

 

Pastor Jeremy


No comments:

Post a Comment